no_cache Questions

From: Bill Arlofski <waa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 18:36:37 -0400

There are a few web sites that exist outside of our private networkthat I need to have squid (2.3.stable1) not cache at all. If memory
serves me correctly, one of my acl's on that machine looks like this:

acl HARTFORD dstdomain .ci.hartford.ct.us
no_cache deny HARTFORD

As I understand it, the above acl should match the domains
www.ci.hartford.ct.us as well as .ci.hartford.ct.us, or even
mail.ci.hartford.ct.us This means that ALL pages below this are also
not to be cached http://ci.hartford.ct.us/news/

Please correct me if any of this is incorrect so far.

Now, squid is listening on port 8080, but the box is configured to
redirect all outgoing www traffic (destination port 80) to squid on the
lcoal machine on 8080. (we all know this as transparent proxying <grin>)

Anyway, what I'd like to know is what should I expect to see in the
access.log file when a request is made to something that I think
should match my HARTFORD acl? I am seeing "TCP_MISS",
but then again, there are quite a few times where I see "TCP_IMS_HIT"
and even "TCP_HIT". Clearly squid appears to be caching a domain I
believe it to be set to not cache.

Any tips hints, clues?

--
Bill Arlofski