Re: WHERE CAN I FIND URL PARSING SCRIPT FOR EXE FILES AND TO STORE THEM SEPARATELY

From: Jens-S. Voeckler <voeckler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 14:54:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, khalid Mahmood wrote:

]I have read a mail containing a script written by a squid user , which
]can parse the URL ending .EXE files and store that files to a separate
]directory. Can some one tell me where I can find that script.
]
]Thankx and Regards,
]Khalid Mahmood

The purge tool working in copy-out mode can extract all *.exe files
from a cache w/o purging them, see:

   http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/Purge/

Use it like this on the cache machine, assuming you want to recreate the
origin server dirs under /tmp/asdf, also assuming your cache dirs start at
/var/spool/cache:

   purge -c /var/spool/cache -C /tmp/asdf -a -e '\.exe$'

Use it off the peak hours, as it will compete with your squid for io!

Le deagh dhùrachd,
Dipl.-Ing. Jens-S. Vöckler (voeckler@rvs.uni-hannover.de)
Institute for Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
University of Hanover, Germany; +49 511 762 4726