Re: squid with two NICs

From: Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski <B.Solarz-Niesluchowski@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:28:10 +0200

At 11:06 00-06-16, you wrote:

>hello squid fans ,
>
> i have squid running with two (2) NIC . we also have 2 internet
>leased line to different providers. what i want to do is that i want to
>load balance our internet traffic using squid since the two providers
>doesnt have BGP with each other.

It is problem on the routing policies.....

So:
if you don't use BGP you need two separate squid machines. One with route
default to provider 1 (and ip from provider 1) second with route default to
provider 2 (and ip from provider 2) then use acl as to setup which as
numbers are closer from squid 1 and which are closer from squid 2
(theoretically it is closest-only option in squid but as now I can not get
it to work) (2.2.S5 hno).

* Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski *
* Administrator WSISiZ *
* Motto - nie psuj Win'9x one i bez tego sie psuja.... *
* Jak sobie poscielisz tak sie wyspisz *