Re: squid with two NICs

From: Stephen Amadei <amadei@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 19:55:13 -0400 (EDT)

I had asked this same question a couple months back... but haven't been
able to come back to the problem, as I have had terrible problems with
Squid killing the networking...

Until I upgraded to 2.2.16... but now the Linux machine won't let me
mkfs the /dev/md0 software array of RAID0 drives. Keeps kernel panicing
"VFS: grow_buffers: size = 131072" Any thoughts would be appreciated...

But I digress from the reason I emailled the list:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Bartlomiej Solarz-Niesluchowski wrote:

> if you don't use BGP you need two separate squid machines. One with route

If you _are_ using BGP4, how would you do this? I am currently thinking
of using two IP aliases on one NIC, but I need two NICs, I'll put a second
one in...

Also, if two squid machines are still needed, couldn't they run on the
same machine, but using different ports? How could they share digests,
etc.? Could this be hooked up to Cidera's satellite feed?

                                        ----Steve
Stephen Amadei
Dandy.net CTO
Atlantic City, NJ