smb_auth

From: Terry Singleton <terry@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:42:09 -0600

Well I just got SQUID running and using Richard's great smb_auth module it
auths to NT just perfectly, I did have a couple last questions, I hope, when
I get prompted for a username and password the default login dialog asks me
for my username and password and it also displays

Firewall: 192.168.1.250(the ip of the squid)
REALM: Squid Proxy-caching web server

Is there anyway to change any of these values, customize them?

As well in squid.conf where I added the acl proxy:

authenticate_program /usr/local/bin/smb_auth -W DOMAINNAME
acl domainusers proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow domainusers

I specified our domain name "DOMAINNAME" and I noticed that when prompted
for username and password I could actually enter the windows nt
DOMAINNAME\username notation for my username and it did authenticate me,
does this mean if we have multiple domains and/or trust relationships that
we have auth users from multi-domains just by having them use
DOMAINNAME\username notation? and if so what does that mean for the
proxyauth file on my domains controller? is smb_auth smart enough to go look
for it on the right domain controller?