Re: http_access restriction

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 20:28:39 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Ted Lufoma wrote:

> Kendall,
> Can you probably explain more on how to make users authenticate
> themselves to gain access to the proxy server.
> Iam kind of new to squid usage.

Well, not really... :( I can only tell you what's in the FAQ, I'm afraid.
If you have a specific question then plenty of people on this list might
be able to answer it.

Basically, by requiring authentication each HTTP request has to be
accompanied by a user name and password. Most browsers will make this
easier on the user by sending the info automatically after the first
successful request.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781