Re: dns resolving problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:43:54 +0200

William Wong wrote:

> If I remove my isp's nameserver from my resolv.conf, squid complains that it
> can't find dns records even though my local nameserver runs fine and
> resolves properly. If I add any other working nameserver's ip into my
> resolf.conf, squid works fine.

Are you positively sure your DNS server works fine?

I regulary run Squid with resolv.conf of only:
search localdomain
nameserver 127.0.0.1

And have no problem, except that I must start Squid with the -D argument
when not connected to the Internet, or it will quite obviously complain
about DNS not working when trying to resolve the test names...

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker