Re: Squid, WebDAV and the SEARCH method

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:52:39 +0200

Simon Rainey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me if and when Squid will fully support the extensions to
> HTTP/1.1 introduced by WebDAV? In particular, I'm receiving grief from
> users who wish to use a Microsoft web front end to Exchange 2000 that
> relies heavily on XML and DAV. It fails to work correctly through Squid,
> and the logs report
>
> parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method 'SEARCH'

Hmm.. cannot find any definition of SEARCH in WebDAV.

Where is it defined?

Adding support for new methods is easily done by adding them last to two
small tables in the source:
a) Prior to METHOD_ENUM_END in src/enums.h

b) Prior to "error" in src/url.c

Note: Make sure the methods are listed in the same order in both files,
or things will get confused...

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker