Squid, WebDAV and the SEARCH method

From: Simon Rainey <srainey@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:44:31 +0100

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if and when Squid will fully support the extensions to
HTTP/1.1 introduced by WebDAV? In particular, I'm receiving grief from
users who wish to use a Microsoft web front end to Exchange 2000 that
relies heavily on XML and DAV. It fails to work correctly through Squid,
and the logs report

parseHttpRequest: Unsupported method 'SEARCH'

I gather that the SEARCH method is fairly new.

It has been suggested that if the application is run over an SSL (HTTPS)
link then all the complex stuff gets encapsulated and will go through Squid
no problem. Comments welcome.

Regards,
Simon.

Simon Rainey E-mail: srainey@rmplc.net
Principal Internet Consultant
RM IFL Engineering
Internet for Learning, Research Machines plc, New Mill House,
183 Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 4SE, England.