More Frontpage 2k woes :(

From: Bill Arlofski <waa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:47:20 -0400

I apologize, but I am still having more Frontpage issues. :(

Users have complained that when they update their site with Frontpage,
the graphics do not appear on the pages when viewed from within the
Frontpage client software. The Frontpage client shows all the text, but
displays the "missing graphic" icon for each image. The graphics DO,
however show up if the person views the newly upldated page(s) with
Netscape, IE, etc...

I have monitored the squid access.log file and have noticed that when
someone refreshes the view of their site with Frontpage, the
access.log files will show a GET for each graphic, but notice how it
gets logged: (please forgive word wrap)

10.90.15.10 - - [24/Jun/2000:11:45:24 -0400] "GET
http://somedomain.com/somegraphic.gif" -- HTTP/0.0" 411 6417
NONE:NONE

Please notice the following things:
- HTTP/0.0, rather than HTTP/1.1 (huh??)
- 411 HTTP response code
- NONE:NONE

All I can find regarding the 411 response code from the FAQ is that it
is a "client error", "Length required". I have no idea where to go
with this, that is why I am here. :)

Is this truly a client error? Is Frontpage doing something proprietary
that squid does not know how to deal with? Can this be fixed? Can
someone help me? Can someone rid the world of Frontpage for me? <grin>

Thanks again.

Bill Arlofski
mtnbkr@connix.com

---