Re: RAM-only cache possible?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 16:11:47 +0200

Nope. Squid needs space in the cache directory to be able to keep the
objects cached in ram. The in-memory cache is currently mostly only a
shadow cache of the disk cache. This means for example that when an
object is deleted from the disk cache it is also deleted from the memory
cache.

It should however not be too hard to change the code to perform memory
caching only. Have never attempted doing so so I cannot exacly what is
required.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker