Re: FTP access

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 08:16:18 -0500

Marcos,

I think you could do something like this, but it wil only work for ftp
through the web-browser.

This example is if you want to block 198.0.0.1 from using FTP. The
http_access statement only holds true if the beginning of the url is ftp://
and if the source is 198.0.0.1.
*************************
acl denied-src src 198.0.0.1
acl ftp-sites dstdomain ^ftp://

http_access deny ftp-sites denied-src

*************************

If your list of authorized ftp users is smaller than the restricted, you
could do something like:

acl ftpallowed-src src "filename of allowed IPs"
acl ftp-sites dstdomain ^ftp://

http_access allow ftp-sites ftpallowed-src
http_access deny ftp-sites

If anyone see's something wrong with these examples, please speak up.

Hope this helps.
Craig Fels