Re: What if squid can't connect

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 18:51:04 +0200

Maciek Dobrzanski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to make Squid not to check if the source server is alive
> and if the requested object has changed ? I need pages to be available to
> clients even if internet connection goes down (does not matter that objects
> may change in the mean time).

It is what it does by default. If Squid fails to revalidate a cached
object then the old copy will be sent to the client.

However, this only applies to squid-initiated revalidations, and not
when the user presses reload or on cache misses or where the object
cannot be revalidated.

Se also offline_mode in squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom