FreeBSD 4.0, WCCP, SQUID 2.4 help...

From: Byron L. Hicks <bhicks@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 23:27:06 -0600

I have been running Squid on two linux boxes using WCCP successfully for
a few months now. Now, I'm trying to get it running on a FreeBSD 4.0
server. I have downloaded the patch and the gre.c and have recompiled
the kernel. I followed the instructions for transparent caching, and I
have compiled squid and used the same configuration file as on one of my
linux boxes.

When I fire up squid, it looks like everything is ok. The router
however is not seeing any WCCP packets at all. I turned on IP WCCP
debugging and I don't see anything at all.

On the linux box, you have to setup a GRE tunnel to the router. Do you
have to do the same thing in BSD? The FAQ doesn't seem to lead in that
direction.

I'm really stuck here.

--
Byron L. Hicks