Problems with Incoming server traffic

From: Valery V. Bobrov <vb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:58:34 +0400

Dear squid users!

I faced a serious problem with incoming server traffic.
I use squid-2.2.stable4.
I use MRTG to monitoring some squid's parameters.
One of these variables is an "incoming server traffic". I use the mib
variable "cacheServerInkb" that belongs to this parameter.
From time to time incoming traffic of our server can be very big! There are
some peaks on my graph. Usaully it proceeds within 2-5 hours. Then the value
of incoming server traffic decreases and becomes equal to its average value.
Does the cache continue to downloading aborted requests? or something else
(bugs in squid)?

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Yours faithfuly,
       Valery Bobrov
E-mail: vb@ic.vrn.ru