SSL - IE5

From: Glen Blundell <gmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 17:52:59 +1100

I am having enormous problems with Squid/SSL and IE 5.
I am directly downstream from a Netscape proxy, and while IE4 and
Netscape work perfectly, IE5 cant connect to SSL sites.

I have had a friend analyse a tcpdump, and the only difference is that
IE5 send more garbage in its request, including a Content Length "0". I
noticed a bug patch for FrontPage doing gets of Content Length "0"and
was wondeing if perhaps this may be a similar sort of problem but
CONNECT instead of get.

anyway..any comments..or other solutions?