Quick Content Check

From: Tim Cockle <T.Cockle@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 17:59:28 +0100

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is a method from checking to see if a URL
will generate a cache hit? If the object is not in the cache I don't
want Squid to start the process of fetching the object from the original

server, I just want to check.

I thought I may be able to use ICP but I haven't investigated this yet.

I assume there is a function in client_side.c that will check the cache
for an object. Does anyone know what it is called? If so I may modify my

Squid server to support this feature.

If anyone can help please contact me...

Thanks in advance,

Tim