RE: WCCP

From: Diegmueller, Jason (I.T. Dept) <diegmuej@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:43:18 -0500

: The command "no ip route-cache" solved the problem, now it's working
: fine. It seems like wccp doesn't work with fast switching.

Does 12.1(2) default to CEF being enabled or disabled?

I don't currently have it in production, but I was testing WCCP a few
weeks ago and it was working on 12.0(11) on an RSM with CEF and
fast-switching enabled, and it was working great.

So I guess it could be a platform issue (3600s vs. RSM) or a switching-
path issue (if neither of you guys were running CEF).

I was testing this on a very beat-up low-end Pentium, so I was even
using access-lists so that it only utilized the Squid proxy for a
handful of hosts (because this machine would have barfed with anything
more).

I had no complaints, processor load still stayed nice and low.

To the guy with the open TAC case, let me know what happens. As soon as
I get a machine with the kick, I'm going to try this out for real, and
I'd like to know any cavaets upfront.