Re: WCCP

From: Bernat Ginard <bernat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 11:35:24 +0200

Hi all,

"Diegmueller, Jason (I.T. Dept)" wrote:

> : The command "no ip route-cache" solved the problem, now it's working
> : fine. It seems like wccp doesn't work with fast switching.
>
> Does 12.1(2) default to CEF being enabled or disabled?
>
> I don't currently have it in production, but I was testing WCCP a few
> weeks ago and it was working on 12.0(11) on an RSM with CEF and
> fast-switching enabled, and it was working great.

I'm not sure what options were activated by default but turning all them
off it worked: I'm not sure if it was fast switching or CEF the origin
of the problem. It's not a problem becouse the CPU load isn't so high.

> So I guess it could be a platform issue (3600s vs. RSM) or a switching-
> path issue (if neither of you guys were running CEF).

Maybe it is a 3600 issue. Sorry I can't tell you more but I'm not a
Cisco expert.

--
Bernat Ginard Lladó
mailto:bernat@kaos.es		http://www.kaos.es