squid sizing

From: Lewis, Erik <elewis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:45:37 -0400

Hello,
I am trying to size several Squid servers. I am planning to run it on
either Solaris or Caldera, depending on which is better for my situation.
We are pretty much a Solaris shop but I always like to consider
alteranatives. I have to be able to proxy 300 to 1500 clients. What I am
looking for is rules of thumb. How many proxy clients per processor and how
much memory per processor. I ran Squid a couple of years ago and was very
happy, but that was for a 40 client site.

Erik Lewis
System Administrator-SIRSI
Office of Public Library Services
Phone: (404)327-6824 Fax: (404)982-3563