Re: optimistic-io vs. async-io

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 01:09:09 +0200

optimistic-io has had very little testing even if it has been there for
ages. Because of this it has been removed from Squid-2.3 and Squid-2.4.

The ideas behind it might however reoccur as the default mode of
operation in a later Squid version.

async-io and optimistic-io are not meant to be exclusive as they are
fundamentally different things, but I think there was some bug which
prevented both from being used at the same time.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker