cache_swap questions

From: Valery V. Bobrov <vb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:48:34 +0400

Dear squid users!

I have been reading section "Store Hash Configuration Options" from
Release-Notes-1.1.txt document.
To estimate the number of objects the cache can hold
the authors recommend the following formula:
"NUM_OBJ = cache_swap / store_avg_object_size"

I do not understand what the authors mean. I have some questions:
1. What does "cache_swap" exactly means? and How can I get the value
"cache_swap"?

2. "To estimate the number of objects the cache can hold".
I also have question about this extract. What does this mean? Where can
cache hold objects in memory or on disk(s)?

Could anyone help me?
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfuly,
       Valery Bobrov
E-mail: vb@ic.vrn.ru