Squid Runnig Problem

From: <josepedro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:42:52 GMT

Hi! I've recently installed Squid-2.3-STABLE3, running
under REDHAT 6.2. I'm also using calamaris 2.33 and
squiclients-1.6, but i have one problem. This machine has
a 100 Mbps network access, but if i use as a proxy for
another machine most of the times i get request timed
out. I've tested the connection and if i use ping to any
other machine oin the network the TTL value never goes
over 128, but to this machine it's always 255. I've tried
using different cables, coneections points, but still i
get the same values. The network card is from intel and
the driver installed by redhat is eepro100, which should
correspond to the card i'm using ( ethernetexpress pro
from intel).
Can anyone help on this?
Cheers.

 Pedro