Re: sslReadServer errors

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 23:56:38 -0600

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Ronald Warner wrote:

> I have been getting many of the following error:
>
> Jul 11 20:30:11 proxy3 squid[459]: sslReadServer: FD 49: read failure:
> (104) Connection reset by peer
>
> What causes this error? Can I do anything about it by configuring
> something in squid?

Some origin servers reset the connection instead of closing it.

You'll see the debugging message if the client never received any
data for the request, and the server resets the connection.

If the client received data (and the server resets the connection)
you wouldn't see the message even though the reset does occur.

Duane W.