Socksify squid

From: Glen Blundell <gmb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:32:42 +1100

This seems to be talked about a lot in the Mail archive, but there is no
good documentation/answers
www.socks.nec.com isnt that easy to follow in my book either.

If I try to use the runsocks application, I cant get to any non-cached
pages as it says is cant resolve the host names. (but my squid works
fine without runsocks)

As for sockisfy-ing at compiling time, I find the socks.nec.com
instructions hard to follow in relation to squid compilation.

Can anyone tell me if they have had success/how/or point me in the
direction of some good documentation??

Thanks

Glen