Downtime message

From: Tony Melia <Tony.Melia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:50:19 +1000

Is it possible to temporarily configure squid to return a standard web page,
regardless of what is requested, (similar to the behaviour you would get if
you accidentally gave the apache port as the proxy address, you would always
get the apache page, regardless of the page you requested).

I want to quickly switch to a config which will provide a 'sorry for the
outage, service will be resumed shortly' type message to internal users in
the event of our internet connection going down. One way is to kill squid,
and then run apache on squids normal port with a custom page, but I am
hoping there is a cleaner way to do this. We use a MS proxy upstream, so
the user would normally get an MS 'timeout' page from the MS proxy, so I
cannot use squids build in error pages, they become redundant when using
upstream MS proxy.

Regards,
Tony.