Re: router/port ?

From: Craig Fels <csfels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 22:49:13 -0500

    Mike,

The way I am doing this for my company is working out GREAT. Everyone here
is forced to use IE 5.0 which makes it easier than IE/Netscape mish-mesh.

Hopefully you are familar with System Policies, because that's what it
takes.

First....agree to and download the IEAK from Microsoft. Included with it
are a bunch of ADM files. One of these (or perhaps it took 2) has proxy
information and "connection tab" information. Since Windows 95 can only
utilize one adm template at a time, I merged the standard "admin.adm" with
these adm files from IEAK. With the newly created ADM file, I was able to
specifiy the proxy information and remove the "connections tab" completely
from IE's Internet Options.

It may take some tweaking because IE 4.0/IE 5.0 and IE 5.01 all have
slightly different registry keys (which are what System Policies change).

let me know if I can be of more help.....FYI...I'll be out of town 7/17-7/24
incase you email and I don't get back to you.

Good luck.

Craig