Re: USERID Access Log Problem

From: Juri Haberland <news-list.squid.users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:08:53 +0200

Federico Barbarossa wrote:

> I have istalled SQUID version 2.2.STABLE5 on a debian 2.1 machine.
>
> On my network is also active another machine whit firewall and PROXY-MASQUERADING. The SQUID is outside the firewall, and the every hosts on my network goes to internet whit one IP address.
>
> Why, in the access log, we can't find the userid for the DENIED link and in another link the user appears?

I'm not quiet sure if I understand you correctly, but if you want the
userid/username of your users being logged upon access of your proxy
cache than you have to enable the "ident_lookup_access" option in
squid.conf AND you have to allow your squid machine to do an
ident-lookup through your firewall.

If I understood you correctly...

Greetings,
Juri

--
juri.haberland@innominate.de
system engineer                                          innominate AG