help with ncsa_auth - PLEASE!

From: pat lendon <plendon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 17:35:39 -0400

Hello All,

I am trying to setup ncsa_auth. I've been searching the archives and
have found questions on ncsa_auth. The questions and answers are not
helping me. I've really tried and now am asking for HELP.

First, I'm a linux newbie. Running Redhat, the rpm package
squid-rhcn-2.3.stable2-1.rh6-2.i386.rpm was installed. I did a find on
the entire system looking for the dir auth_modules and game up with
nothing.

 So, I ftp'd Squid-2.3.STABLE3-2.i386.rpm and ran rpm -i --force
-upgrade in my home/directory.
Still, no ncsa_auth directory was located after a find was ran on entire
system.

For grins, I thought of coping ncsa_auth from a HPUX system running
squid. But, this does not work.

The squid archives say to "download the squid souce". Well, I'm
thinking the source is Squid-2.3.STABLE3-2.i386.rpm. The archives then
say to go into the squid directory and then into auth_modules/NCSA". I
can not find auth_modules/NCSA.

What do I need to do to get an ncsa_auth working for Squid on a Linux
system?

What am I doing wrong?

Please, any help/insight is needed.

-pat