Re: wccp

From: Dave Hilla <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:13:27 -0400

I had alot of problems compiling the ip_wccp.o file. I wasn't sure how to
compile a new module into the kernel. Ended up tricking linux by renaming
an HP module (hp.o), copying over ip_wccp.o, and renaming it to hp.o and
compiling the modules. Anyone know the correct procedure? Also, had alot
of problems compiling reiserfs (journaling fs). Couldn't get it to work
with the stock kernel, had to upgrade to 2.2.14-12. Anyone else using
reiserfs as their cache partition?

Also, I'm still working on getting wccp to work properly. If I use the
ip_wccp module instead of ip_gre, do I still get another interface? I got
it working where my cisco sees the cache, but for some reason it's not
forwarding to squid, even though I can set a computer up with the cache box
as a default gateway and ipchains forwards httpd requests to my proxy. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

David Hilla
Simlab.net