Re: Squid is slower on FreeBSD 3.x?

From: Chris Dillon <cdillon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:01:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, SO Kwok Tsun wrote:

> It seems to be something related to disk io. Are there something
> special in FreeBSD 3.x? Do anyone have similar observation?
> Thanks a lot.

Do you have the cache filesystems on the FreeBSD 2.2.x boxes mounted
async? If so, you will need to do the same on the 3.x boxes, or use
SoftUpdates, which is an even safer/better solution. By the way,
FreeBSD 3.5 is now available, as well as 4.0. 4.1 will be released
shortly. I have been running Squid on FreeBSD 3.3 up to 3.5-STABLE
and now on 4.1 without any problems.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )