Re: Can I have different classes of users?

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 09:54:07 +1000

RE: Can I have different classes of users?[..]

>>RE: Can I have different classes of users?What about
>>
>>acl fullaccess proxy_auth john mary steve..
>>acl selectedsites dstdomain .selectedsite.com
>>acl selectedsites dstdomain .another.com
> ^^
>it should be different acl name... you can't use the same acl name..

Actually, you can, and I find it improves readability. the ACL's get
appended to each other. You cannot do this with conflicting acl types.

>acl nofullaccess proxy_auth john mary steve..
>acl selectedsites dstdomain .selectedsite.com .another.com
>And with this configuration, you don't have NCSA authentication for all
users (just john,mary etc users).
>From squid.conf:

That's true, but it didn't seem to be the key requirement - the key was that
some users got full access. To identify those use, auth MUST be used when
full access is needed. I'm sure Luca already has REQUIRED in the config and
was looking to see how to split them up. This configuration does identify
john mary and steve, and ONLY john mary and steve get full access. of
course, YMMV.

Rob

>/*
>acl aclname proxy_auth username ...
># # list of valid usernames
># # use REQUIRED to accept any valid username.
>*/
>http_access allow nofullaccess
>

>Best regards,
>Ilker G.