Re: direct...

From: Andrew Lowe <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 15:06:09 +1000 (EST)

thanks everyone that worked, well im now going direct... but have another
problem:
when i use squid to access the remote site - going direct the browser
recieves the error:

  HTTP Error 401

  401.3 Unauthorized: Unauthorized due to ACL on resource
  This error indicates that the credentials passed by the client do not
  have access to the particular resource on the server.

and goes on about it a bit more..
if i go directly without using squid proxy, then it get the page ok, but
if i go via squid, then i get the above message. I use ipmasquerading
when i go direct, but could it be that squid is giving the wrong ip
address, and if so how do i fix it?

thanks in advance
and i now have a redirector that automatically dials when a certain
address is requested, and hangs up after its not used for 3 mins, if
anyone wants a copy let me know (its in c)...