dns_defnames ???

From: Bill Arlofski <waa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:57:00 -0400

I am running squid v2.3STABLE3. (all patched)

While trying to get squid to allow me to get to local sites by the hostname only (ie: http://gumby rather than http://gumby.revpol.com) I found that the dns_defnames option looked to be exactly the option I was looking for.

However when turning on dns_defnames, squid reports the following:

2000/07/28 11:52:36| parseConfigFile: line 620 unrecognized: 'dns_defnames on'

I have checked the changelog file for info regarding this option but found nothing regarding it being changed to another name, or being removed.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction to resolve this issue?

As always thanks!

---
Bill Arlofski