Re : Error In Squid

From: Vince Crismer C. Villena <v_c_c_v@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun Jul 30 03:11:40 2000

Greetings,

Hi there. So I successfully compiled squid and I created a user squid under
a group of nogroup. I then started the squid by
/usr/local/squid/bin/squid, I then type ps ax |more then I saw squid there.
So I assumed that squid is already running. I configured Netscape Navigator
to use a proxy server for http request only (for testing). I set it to
server_ip_address and port 3128 (default of squid). When I tried to connect,
the browser had an error message which says
that it could not find the server. Pls. Help me. I'm using Red Hat 6.2 and
the linux is connected directly connected to the internet.
Thanks.

- Vince Villena