Re: Confused about Radius

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 08:39:47 +0200

At 12:45 AM 7/29/00 +0200, proxy@kloosterman.org wrote:
>I am starting to get a bit confudes about installing the Radius
>authentication in Squid.
>In some previous posts people poit to the auth.pl perl script, by Edmar
>Lourence Borhes.
>I have tried this one: On the clients it asks for a user name and
>password, but nothing seems to be going to the Radius server. I am not a
>perl expert, (call me a newbie on perl) , but in the comments in the
>script, it says I have to use RadiusPerk-0.05/MD5-1.7/IO-1.20 This is
>compltly new for me! (I could not find this in the mentionend
>http://core.ring.gr.jp/.
>
>So now i tried the squid_radius_auth-1.0.3 on my RedHat 6.2 system, but if
>i try to test this, (by starting squid_rad_auth by hand) the program wants
>to open the /etc/raddb/dicionary!

I'll give you a few hints. The stuff in raddb is mandatory. The dictionary
is pretty important. The squid_radius_auth kit is based on the Cistron
radiusd. If I remember correctly the raddb stuff is in the distribution. If
not find the cistron radiusd, read the instructions and install the stuff
in /etc/raddb. You also have to configure some files in raddb. Just browse
through them and read the comments.

Marc van Selm

PS although I'm the author of squid_radius_auth I can't promise any support
at this time (study + work = almost no spare time) so you are a bit on your
own when you find bugs.

>Now I am confused again! Could somebody help this Newbie?

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int (PGP capable)
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm