Re: transparent

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:19:16 -0600

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Vladimir Nikolic wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how would I determine if my transparent proxy working well? I can't see that in access.log

You can compile or copy Squid's 'client' program to one of the systems
where you would normally run a browser. Then run something like this:

        % client -p 80 -h www.squid-cache.org / | head -20

In the reply headers, you should see an "X-Cache" header:

If you don't see the X-Cache header, then its probably not
going through squid.