Re: CPU utilization question

From: Andrew Lowe <alowe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:35:26 +1000 (EST)

actually i was suggesting it for don, perhaps, because of the amount of
ram he has, but yes you just put it in your lilo.conf, within the image
tag:

image = /boot/image.name
  root = /dev/sda1
  label = linux
  append = "mem = 128M"
  read-only

yes you do need the double quotes or it wont work.

as i understand depending on how big you set your cache dir, squid can use
alot of ram, and if it runs out of ram, then the cpu usage goes sky high..
thats what ive found anyway...
to find your ram usage:
run top or "free" to report how much ram u are using..

hope that helps

Andrew Lowe
andrew@pccentre.com.au
        The South Coast Professional Computing Centre
                + Hislora Website Hosting & Design
                + Daly & Daly Computer Training
                + Flatearth Internet Cafe
        Ph: 02 4423 7771