Re: Chunked transfer coding?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:17:16 +0200

Gerald.Struck@ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:

> I understand that Squid does not fully support HTTP 1.1 while using
> some of its features like persistent connections. We've tried to use
> chunked transfer coding (RFC2616 Sec 3.6.1) with Squid but with no
> success.
>
> Is it supported at all?

Not yet, at least not without patching.

See the "te" project on squid.sourceforge.net. It covers all standard
forms of transfer-encodings, including chunked mode.

Inclusion is planned for Squid-2.5. It is a bit to late to add it to
2.4, and some pieces are missing to make it complete (mainly zlib
integration). Contributors are welcome to help finishing this piece.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker