Re: AW: Squid as reverse proxy

From: Jon Biddell <jon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 20:51:41 +1000

Henrick,

I perceive that you are among the "squid cognescenti" of this list
? Perchance you could offer some words of wisdom here;

Fairly simple setup;

                                              |--------- 192.168.1.1
ppp0-------gateway-------eth0------|----------192.168.1.10
                                              |----------192.168.1.250

ppp0 has a fixed IP - 203.230.61.4, eth0 is 192.156.1.254

Works fine as long as SQUID is NOT running - if it is I can connect to
anything internally, but can't get to the 'net !!

ACL list is very basic - I'm not worried about security at this point,
although this WILL be a concern later (once I can get the bugger working !!)

I've read the FAG / man pages, and I'm still none the wiser - I'd prefer
NOT to use tools like pmfirewall or WebMin, at least until I understand how
it works the "old fashioned" way.

Jon