UFS vs AdvFS

From: Wisnu Wijayanta <wisnu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:46:09 +0700

Hi,

I've installed squid2.3S3 on a True64 Digital Unix 4.0F, I'm quite new to
this operating system. In my opinion, my squid is not running on it's peak
performance. I've just got about 10-20 req/sec. Machine is an
Alphaserver1000A 5/333 with 128 Mb memory. Does there any special "tweaking"
techniques for this particular OS?

Second, which one is better to configured as a cache filesystem, native UFS
or AdvFS? For performace reason, Digital/Compaq said AdvFS, but I don't know
how well squid perform on this filesystem. Basically, I just want this
server running well, any opinion accepted and appreciated... :)

TIA,

Wisnu.