More WCCP problems

From: Dave Martin <dpm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:44:13 -0700

All,

I've finally gotten a 3640 running IOS 12.0(12) to redirect packets via
WCCP V1 to both a CacheFlow 500 and Squid 2.3.STABLE4 running on BSD/OS
4.0. The problem now is that squid doesn't seem to be doing anything with
the redirected packets. The browsers just stall and no entries show up in
the access log (other than those fed to it from a SkyCache server). It was
working OK when I redirected packets to it via policy routes. So...

Is there anything I need to change in the Squid configuration other than
setting wccp_router to the router's IP address? I have been using
ip_filter 3.2.10 with the following configuration to get the packets into
squid:

# Redirect direct web traffic to local server
rdr exp0 <ip>/32 port 80 -><ip> port 80 tcp

# Redirect everything else to squid on port 80
rdr exp0 0.0.0.0/0 port 80 -> <ip> port 80 tcp

where <ip> is the IP address of the squid server's only Ethernet NIC.

Any and all suggestions appreciated. If I can't get squid working solidly
with WCCP and a SkyCache peer pretty soon, I'm throwing in the towel and
switching to the CacheFlow box. This would be a great pity after all the
time and money I've expended on squid over the last year...

Dave Martin Netcetera, Inc. dpm@netcetera.com
                     "Realtime waits for no man"