Re: Banners?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 22:58:32 +0200

Henk-Jan Squid maillijst wrote:

> Can I set a parameter that if the users are NOT authenticated
> after one or two tries, that access is denied for the rest of
> the session?

First problem is that there is no session concept in HTTP.

But you could theoretically do something like this with a little of
coding by applying a timeout on the client IP. If the clinent IP has
been asked for authentication more than X times, then stop asking for
authentication until the IP has been idle for Y minutes.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker