Re: [Fwd: Optimizing Squid performance]

From: Athanasios Kouroussis <akouroussis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 19:07:09 -0300

Thanks for that.

Returning to my original question, which parameters should I tweak in order
to achieve max. performance (this is an item nobody responded, except from
the RAID 5 advice and explanation by Robert Collins).

I repeat my the configuration of my box: Compaq Proliant 1600, 1 PIII
600Mhz, 512Mb RAM, 4x9Gb SCSI-3 disks in RAID 5 (soon to be 6 disks in RAID
0+1) running Linux 2.2.14. Squid 2.4devel3-ntlm (1 20Gb cache dir). I use
SquidGuard (10 children) for filtering and a home made authenticator (10
children) for authorizing valid NTLM users.

Thanks in advance,
Athanasios Kouroussis
Unifon - T.C.P. S.A.
akouroussis@unifon.com.ar