Re: Error Messages at start up

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 22:54:33 +0200

tomd@sacefcu.org wrote:

> I had acl's in my prior squid.conf but deleted them. Do I need to flush the
> rule set or do I actually need to set acls lists in the conf file?

You need to have ACL's for any http_access or similar lines you have.

Also, Squid requires the "all" acl to be defined as

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0

or it will fail to load some built in default values..

also, I would defeintely recommend having an ACL telling what
destinations the accelerator are allowed to go to.

acl accelerated_servers dstdomain foo.bar.com

http_access allow accelerated_servers
http_access deny all

Not strictly required when you are using domainless accelleration of a
single server, but it is good to remember if you later want's to expand
the acceleration to virtual domains (Host header baser) or such things.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker