Re: secure and ssl again

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:18:46 +0200

Stefan Bochnig wrote:

> the problem i talked about
> (http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200008/0176.html) is
> definetely no browser problem.
> ie5.5 works correctly with sslv3 connections. maybe anyone has an idea.
> thanx

I seem to remember some problems with SSL in IE 4.? browsers when behind
proxies. I don't remember what it was, or if it even got fixed.. was
never given any priority as it only showed up on some sites, and
regardless if Squid or NetCache was used as proxy..

It is quite unlikely that SSL problems are proxy problems. Proxies does
not touch SSL traffic at all, they only establish a full duplex
connection to the origin server and hands this off to the client. If
there is a bug in the proxy, then this affects all SSL traffic,
regardless of browser or SSL version.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker