[SQU] Encrypted communication between browser and proxy ?

From: Sean Kelly <fx@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:52:48 +0100 (GMT)

Hi all,

        I looked in the FAQ (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html)
but could not find a mention of this feature. I also tried to search the
mailing list archives and again came up with no joy.

        I am wanting to encrypt the data sent from the browser to the
proxy regardless of whether I'm viewing http:// or https://. I've heard
that utilities like 'sslwrap' can be used with some daemons to add SSL
capabilities if supported (I'm currently using this for POP and IMAP
requests, but don't think it's possible to use it with web access
proxying).

        Has anyone any experience of such a task, or solutions as to where
to look for info?

        Thanks for your time,

-- fx