Re: [SQU] Squid is slower than MS Proxy!!!

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:13:24 +1000

Are you running ident on the squid box?
or upstream parents? Are they configured to allow ICP to you ? If not make
sure you have "no-query default" on you peer cache configuration line.

Are there any errors in your cache.log?

If FTP (via squid) is fast but http is slow (via squid) from the same
client, it is unlikely ot be a client-side issue.

Rob