[SQU] ACL-based parent routing

From: <andre-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Aug 2000 17:11:41 +0200

 Hi,

 Is there a way to force Squid route requests to specific parent peers based on
 ACL's? What I need to accomplish is to let main squid proxy to resolve most
 URL requests direct over terrestial link, but based on ACL selection forward
 some requests to another proxy that would resolve requests over SAT link.
 I can do forwarding based on domain, but I want to do that based on url_regex,
 or any other acl.
 I could hack with never_direct but it would leave me dead in case of given
 parent host is unavailable.

 any hints, or should I look at hacking squid source?

 Andres,