[SQU] configure hangs on filedescriptors .RH6.1

From: Andy Watts <andywatts@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 00:15:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to build Squid 2.3-STABLE4 on a clean RH6.1
install and it's hanging at the following line.

checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can
open...

I heard this could be due to the libc not being up to
scratch and glibc would fix it. Anyhow, I tried, it
didn't.

If anyone has any ideas about how to get around this,
I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks..andy